A trip to Rome is never complete without visiting the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Pantheon and the St Peter’s Basilica. Rome is an overwhelming mix of cobblestoned walkways and historic monuments at every street corner – memories that last a lifetime; the coffee, the cuisine and the colosseum transport you to another time and another world. However, just like every place, there is always something new and unexpected to discover! While you are in eternal city you could take an Amalfi Coast day trip from Rome.
The Amalfi Coast
One of the most beauteous coastlines in the world, the Amalfi Coast located between Sorrento and Solerno and is the perfect getaway from Rome. There are several tours tailored to suit individual needs and likes-
- Day tours
- Boat tours
- Hiking tours
- Wine tours
- Amalfi and Ravello: Driving along the coast through Praiano you can reach Amalfi – a small town nestled at the foothills of the Mount Cerrato by the gulf of Salerno. The Handmade Paper Museum and the Arsenal Maritime Republic are the two attractions here. From here you can proceed to Ravello which is famous for the Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone.
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius:Those who haven’t had enough of history can consider this tour which will take you to see the famous ruins of Pompeii, the Herculaneum and the still active Mt Vesuvius; this tour will sure bring alive the Roman Empire of yore, the one of which we have studied only in history books.
- There are also tours which take you to Paestum and some mozzarella farms along the way
No trip can be complete without travelling by boat and enjoying nature at its most spell-binding self.
- Amalfi Coast Boat Tour – This is ideal if you want to visit the Emerald Grotto, one of the very few caves in the entire world where the sun light gets refracted and appears emerald coloured; it is situated in the bay of Conca dei Marini. The tour travels along the Amalfi coast and culminates in Amalfi.
- Capri Island Boat Tour – For a relaxing boat ride to the Capri Island which boasts of its own world famous caves, not one but several mesmerising caves like the famous Blue Grotto, Red Grotto, the limestone walls of the White Grotto which reflect light giving them the white look, the standalone Faraglioni Rocks. Followed by a stop at the Marina Piccola beach before heading off to Capri.
You can include trekking too into your Amalfi Coast Day Trip from Rome. There are several trekking trails along the breathtaking coastline. You can choose one to suit your fitness and your ability to endure long walks.
Those interested in wines can book for the following wine tours which are accompanied by professional sommeliers.
- Marisa Cuomo Tour
- Tenuta San Francesco Tour
- Monte Di Grazia Tour
An Amalfi Coast Day Trip from Rome is the perfect way to take in the sights and sounds of the beautiful south of Italy.
If you are looking for a private tour from Rome contact us at the site below: